Autumn is time for apples!



 Hello Friends,

When Autumn arrives, it’s apple time picking.

This was one of my job when I was a student.

It was a difficult job, because of the Autumn weather here, cold, rainy and foggy.

I spent the whole day up on a ladder picking apple on the trees. But, at this time I was young!

With the apples we make apple jelly, apple « compote ». ( apple sauce) and apple tart and fritters or ( beignets in french)

I loved apple fritters when I was a child.

I found a recipe for you on an old «  Country Living »

Today, I am going to make apple compote ( apple sauce)



Commentaires

  1. Dearest Catherine,
    Thank you for bringing back fond memories of my Mom who managed to make the BEST Apple Beignets. That's how we used to call them in Limburg, The Netherlands where there is a lot of French influence in its culture.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    RépondreSupprimer

Enregistrer un commentaire