Something from Normandy…

 Hello Friends,

Today, is still a rainy and cold day!

It is not possible to stay in the garden, so I have to do indoor activities. This morning will be dedicated to cleaning the house and doing a little ironing. This afternoon to reading and  working on my felted wool project.

Let me show you the «  Normand Armoire” that accompanied me during my life from my birth.

These armoires are , I should say we’re… typical in Normandy.

The tree was cut when the girl was born and the armoire was made for her wedding.

This is not the case for mine, but my father found it in very bad state and as he was a carpenter, restored it for me when I was a child.





This is a very simple one. They usually have lots of symbols on them, such as birds, many flowers , bunches of flowers and wedding symbols.

Sorry for the poor light, due to gloomy weather!

I hope you enjoy your day!





Commentaires

  1. You are lucky to have cold weaher. I am suffering from the hot one at this moment.
    The Normand armoire is very nice, I like it very much.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Very special to have such a beautiful cabinet restored by your father.

    RépondreSupprimer

Enregistrer un commentaire